Formerly known as inMotion, Inc.

Her Justice provides free legal services to low-income, battered immigrant women who seek to become legal residents of the United States.

We provide free information about the law and how and under what circumstances applications can be made to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

We also advise women about their options for applying for legal residency and about governmental and private agency resources that may be helpful to them. In as many cases as we can, we provide free volunteer lawyers to assist women in seeking legal residency.

The federal Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) permits immigrant survivors of domestic violence who have married citizens or legal residents of the United States to petition (ask) for legal residency without relying on their abusive husbands’ help. If you have a child or children under the age of 21, you can also apply for legal residency for your child(ren). VAWA also permits immigrants who are victims of gender-based crimes, and who are assisting in the prosecution of their assaulters, to petition for legal residency.

Her Justice also provides advice and assists women in applying for certain types of administrative relief in immigration matters.

For more information, please see:

En español

Types of immigration cases that Her Justice cannot assist with:

  • Citizenship or naturalization
  • Family petitions
  • Special immigrant juveniles
  • Asylum or refugee cases
  • Temporary protected status