Corporate Partner program
Our Corporate Partners commit their financial support and expertise to enable women to take control of their personal situations, improve their children’s lives and build a stronger community for us all.
We are deeply grateful for our Corporate Partners’ annual donations of general operating support and their pro bono contributions which provide critical support for our program. In fiscal year 2015, our Corporate Partners donated 25% of Her Justice's operating income and assisted Her Justice clients in 56% of our legal matters.
Our Corporate Partners
How to become a Corporate Partner of Her Justice
Corporate Partner commitment
Make an annual non-event-related donation of $15,000 or more to Her Justice
- Appoint a partner or senior executive to serve as the organization’s Corporate Partner Representative to Her Justice, someone who will help broaden awareness of our work, encourage volunteer engagement and secure other forms of in-kind and financial support
Why become a Corporate Partner of Her Justice?
For more information
Make a difference in your community
- All women with urgent safety and financial needs deserve legal representation.
- Support for Her Justice demonstrates to employees, clients and others a commitment to providing access to justice to low-income and abused women and children in our city.
- Priority case placement
- Exclusive access to non-litigated divorce matters
- Volunteer opportunities tailored to the Corporate Partner's needs
Exclusive access to our popular Summer Associate Program
Support for Her Justice and the women and children we serve is attractive to students, especially women and minorities.
- All of our clients are women; the overwhelming majority are mothers and survivors of domestic violence.
- Over 90% of the women we serve are members of a minority group—half are Latina, a fourth are African-American and 15% are Asian or a member of another minority group.
- Corporate Partners have the option to host Her Justice multi-firm CLE trainings, making them more accessible to their attorneys.
- In-house CLE trainings for attorneys at our Corporate Partners are tailored to the firm’s needs.
- Her Justice mentors attend meetings and conduct question and answer sessions at our Corporate Partners to discuss legal issues with volunteer lawyers relating to their matters.
Our Corporate Partners’ support is publicized to a large audience of business and legal professionals.
- Their names and logos are featured on the Her Justice website.
- Their names appear on our letterhead, on invitations and programs for major Her Justice events, and in our portfolio of printed materials distributed at meetings with current and potential donors and volunteers.
- In our publications and social media postings and on our website, priority is given to highlighting the outstanding pro bono and other contributions of our Corporate Partners.
Her Justice supports the business and marketing goals of our Corporate Partners.
- We provide information for their websites and publications regarding their involvement with Her Justice, including successful pro bono matters and engagement in our year-round events.
- We often nominate or support the nomination of Corporate Partners for pro bono awards.
Her Justice is rated 4 stars by Charity Navigator
- Charity Navigator rates Her Justice 4 stars—its highest rating. Her Justice is one of only 12% of the nonprofit organizations evaluated by Charity Navigator to receive 4 stars for at least three consecutive years.
The Better Business Bureau of New York has determined that Her Justice meets all of its Standards for Charity Accountability.
Learn more about Her Justice's top rankings
Every dollar donated to Her Justice delivers $6 worth of legal services
- Legal services agencies in our city turn away 8 out of 9 people who come to them for help. They simply cannot hire enough lawyers to meet the overwhelming need.
- By leveraging the human talent and resources of private firms, Her Justice increases exponentially the number of women who go to court with their own lawyers and obtain the legal protections they and their children need and deserve.
- A dozen highly experienced lawyers on our staff focus their time, rather than going to court themselves, on recruiting, training and mentoring thousands of volunteers.