Give through your Donor Advised Fund
What is a Donor Advised Fund?
donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program administered by a
third party that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits
with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. It is
created for the purpose of managing charitable donations on behalf of an
organization, family or individual. An increasingly popular charitable
vehicle, DAFs are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable
giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals. DAFs allow
donors to give cash, stock and other assets where the donor receives an
immediate tax deduction when the contribution is made, but can grant
specified amounts to the charities of their choice at a later time.
How does it work?
- Establish your Donor Advised Fund by making an irrevocable,
tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free)
- Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice
|What are the advantages of a Donor Advised Fund?
- Simplicity–The DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts
- Flexibility–Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making
- Tax-efficiency–Contributions are tax-deductible and any
investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long
term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and
allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock
- Family legacy–A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy
- No start-up costs–There is no cost to establish a donor
advised fund. However, there are often minimum initial charitable
contributions to establish the DAF (typically $5,000 or more)**
- No transaction fees–Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified public charity of choice**
- Privacy if desired–Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
What can a Donor Advised Fund do for Her Justice?
provide an easy, flexible, low-cost method of giving to support the
work of Her Justice. These gifts are an essential part of the lasting
changes we make in the lives women and their families through our free
legal services and extensive pro bono volunteer programs. For example,
you can also establish planned giving beneficiary designations for
giving as part of your estate planning and legacy philanthropy.
To learn more about making a gift to Her Justice using a donor advised fund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Sponsoring organizations generally assess an administrative fee on the assets in a DAF. These fees vary by sponsoring organization.